Saturday, April 6, 2013

Fantastic Find Friday!

Have you ever bought something glass - for example a picture frame, or a glass vodka infuser (see post here) - and the darn price sticker was stuck right. on. the. glass? I have. And I can tell you that I (used to) HATE trying to peel off the sticker. I was always left with the annoying under-glue (for extreme lack of a better term). 
One day I came across this little cleaning secret. I can't for the life of me remember where I read it or who came up with it, so I'm sorry to whoever thought of it. All credit goes to you.

I was extremely skeptical at first, but after trying it for the first time and realizing that it actually works, I'm super excited to share it with everyone. Normally I would have just soaked the item in hot water and then scraped as much of the sticker off as I could, but this method is way easier and involves less scraping. Plus, it actually removes all of the stickiness.

And the ingredient? None other than peanut butter!

That's right, all you  need to do is spread some of this household staple on your sticker, let it sit, and scrape (or even just wipe!) it off! I've done this multiple times on thrift store vases that I found, but the other day I tried it on one of our doors. One of our doors still had the manufacture stickers on it, and I was starting to see past them so it was about time for them to go.



I spread on some peanut butter (a pretty thick layer), and let it sit for almost 24 hours (mostly because I kind of forgot about it). I scraped it off with a wide putty knife, and it came off pretty well. These particular stickers were a bit stubborn. The price stickers that I've tried this on before came off super well. So I just put another layer on these guys and let it sit for another half a day (ish).


I scraped it off again, wiped the peanut butter off with a damp Norwex enviro-cloth followed by the window cloth, and the door is good as new! Because it is new. But now it's sticker free!



Voila! And it only makes me wonder a little bit about what's in peanut butter to have this quality.......

-J








1 comment:

Krystle dH said...

What a fantastic idea!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...