Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Nutella French Toast

So I've been watching a lot of the Food Network lately (while folding laundry when the kids are in bed...honest!), and it inspires me to be more creative with cooking. If something turns out I will probably post it on here, so keep checking in for yummy food.

My husband and I have a spoken (as opposed to unspoken lol) rule in our house that he does the pancakes and I do the french toast. For some reason my pancakes never turn out and his french toast is either too soggy or too dry. So the other morning I felt like french toast, but wanted to put a twist on it. I've been seeing a lot of recipes on Pinterest using Nutella (see here and here), so I figured I'd try this household staple out in my french toast.


The way I make french toast normally is just by mixing a few eggs in a low dish, add a bit of milk and a dash of cinnamon. I put in a piece of bread, and let it soak for about 30 seconds on both sides. When I put it in the preheated pan I add a bit more cinnamon.

This time, though, instead of putting cinnamon in the egg mixture, I added a heaping soup spoon of Nutella (which works out to about 2Tbsp). Feel free to add more or less depending on your relationship with chocolate.


The Nutella seemed to sink to the bottom, but giving it a good whisk will help mix it more thoroughly.
Cook each piece for a couple minutes per side on medium-low, checking the first side for doneness before flipping it.



I thought they'd turn out more chocolate-y looking, but they definitely tasted like Nutella french toast. They were so good! My husband even liked them! Which says a lot.

I just like to drizzle these babies with syrup, but I'm sure they'd taste super good with other toppings as well (whipped cream, chocolate drizzle, chocolate chips/shavings...)

Let me know what you think if you give them a try!

-J




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...