Friday, April 12, 2013

Fantastic Find Friday - Vintage Change Table

So I have a list of items that I look for on a local buy and sell website. I'll grab a bowl of ju jubes, some sort of drink, and sit down at my computer after the kids are in bed and start browsing.

The other night I came across this. gorgeous. vintage. child's dresser.


It wasn't on my list, but I knew I just had to have it, or at least take a look at it. And for the price it was, I knew I had to be quick. So I contacted the seller and set up a time to go take a look. You know how they say "don't judge a book by it's cover?" When it comes to buying used things, I judge the item on the house. I pulled up to this gorgeous old craftsman style home and had a feeling I would be going home with this dresser.

The couple had it themselves for thirty years and it had come in the house when they bought it. It has the original glass knobs, and is a very solid piece of maple.


Obviously it needs work, but that was my plan from the time I laid my eyes on it.


My plan is to convert this dress into a change table for my boy's room. I can't wait to show you the final product, I just hope I can get to it in the next little while.
In the mean time, here are some of my inspiration shots:

Keep it natural?

Love this colour!
Simply white
White frame, natural patchwork doors. Love!

I'm super excited to get this project done. Come back and see the transformation!

-J

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...