Friday, February 3, 2012

Fantastic Find Fridays

I decided I'm going to dedicate Fridays' posts to "fantastic finds." Pretty original, hey?
Anyways, these posts will consist of things I've found either in real life, or just on the internet. They will be random. They will be awesome. They will be...you guessed it. Fantastic.

So today, being the first Friday I've ever posted fantastic finds, I'm going to let you in on a little secret love affair I have. Now just relax, don't get all "i'm going to tell your husband" on me. This love affair is not with someONE but with someTHING. They come in all different styles, shapes, and sizes. They have four legs, and some have two arms. They can be soft and hard. They can be wood, plastic, or metal.

Guess it yet? Ok, I'll tell you. My love affair is with...chairs. I don't know why. I can't explain it. I just have a thing for them.

So, in honor of Fantastic Find Fridays, here is one of my chairs that I found at a little antique shop. I loved it so much, but couldn't bring myself to buy it (I don't really know why... it was only $50). But then my lovely husband took me out for my birthday last year and before dinner we stopped at this place and he bought it for me. Such a guy, he is.

The shop owner told us he thought it to be at least 100 years old. I think that's why I love this one so much. Plus, it's actually pretty comfy.

Anyways, that's my little secret. Now, not so secret. Oh well. Here are a few more fantastic chair finds for your pleasure (and mine).

fantastic stripes.

truly antique.
pink. eames. lounge.


So these are just a snapshot of some of the chairs that I've fallen for. I'm sure if you follow my blog you will encounter many more. Stay tuned. You know you want to.


4 comments:

Helena said...

Jess, it won't let me see any of the chairs except yours??

jes said...

that's wierd. i can see them, i don't know if anyone else can't...

Francine Kottelenberg said...

I love the chair with stripes...I got a similar one for free from an older woman who was planning to downsize her home...definitely reminds me of tea with grandma...but it is still in perfect condition!

jes said...

Francine, let me know if you're getting rid of it! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...