Friday, March 23, 2012

Fantastic Find Fridays - Map!

This is kind of a funny story. My husband doesn't think so, but I'll tell you anyways. If you know me, you know I have a love for maps (kind of like my love affair with chairs). I have about 6 of them hanging in my office right now that I want to get framed. Anyways, CJ was at one of his customer's houses once and noticed a huge map hanging on their wall. He asked where they got it and they told him. So, he went online, ordered it, and got it sent to my brother in law so I wouldn't see it. He thought he had written instructions on the packing slip about it, instructing him that it was not actually for him, but to hold it for a while for me.
So yesterday I was visiting my sister (who's married to above said brother in law), and low and behold when I get there there's a cardboard triangle package sitting on their counter. Well since it's addressed to my brother in law, he opened it and was pretty bum-puzzled (my new favorite word) as to where it came from, naturally. I noticed the packing slip and on it was written: nothing! Except that it was "sold to" my husband, which made it even more confusing. I had no idea what was going on. Then later I was talking to CJ on the phone and he said, "well there goes that part of the surprise." It was for me!! Poor guy got his surprise ruined and was totally dejected. I, on the other hand, was totally stoked that I got to take it home!
I know I mentioned that this map was huge, but let me tell you just how big. Actually, let me show you first.
See right there? Right at the bottom of the close up picture? 116"Wx76"L? That's almost 10 feet wide and 6 feet tall! HUGE!
I can't tell you how much I can't wait to put this up. I asked CJ what his original thought was to do with this, and he was going to somehow put our last name on it, and then it'll be our "Family Travels" map. We'd put a pin at all the places we've been and would like to go.
And instead of putting it on a wall (it's basically 3 sections of wallpaper), I had the idea to put it on some type of board so we can take it with us from house to house (this would also keep us from mudding the wall afterwards too from all the little pin holes). CJ had the idea to put trim around it so it looks like a frame. Awesome, right? Not sure if we'll do that soon or just wait to put it in our next house, but either way I'll be ready with the camera and a blog post, so stay tuned!

Have a fantastic weekend!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...