Friday, March 9, 2012

Fantastic Find Fridays - Old Rope

Ok, so this Fantastic Friday Find isn't an original find. I've had it for a while, but I just re-found it, if that's any merit. My mother in law gave me this old rope, and I believe she said it was her father's.



 Isn't it awesome?? My favourite part about it are the old rings - so rustic!

Now I just have to figure out what to do with it! I had this awesome idea to do something like this:

http://www.potterybarn.com/products/griffin-rope-iron-chandelier/?pkey=cchandeliers

I have this chandelier (sorry for the horrible picture, it's all I had): 


I was standing on the table trying to get it to look just right, and I had it perfect (or so I thought), and CJ comes in and says, "umm, that's a potential fire hazard." I'm not sure if he was being serious or just hated the way it looked, but nevertheless I took it down, and now need to come up with another idea.
Any thoughts? My next thought is just to roll it up nice and put it on display. Unless you come up with something better! 

-Jes

1 comment:

Kristen said...

ha ha i vote for fire hazard

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...