Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Front Entry

This house was built in 1924. I guess back in those days people didn't feel the need to hoard and store things, as there is very little storage space (not including the 3/4 basement - which is all storage because you can't really do anything else down there). The front entryway is small, and there is no closet. For selling purposes we are leaving it that way (much to my chagrin) and hopefully building some type of closet in the back mud/laundry room (yet another project). Since there is a back lane and the garage is in the back, we figure most people will use the back entry most.
So, CJ doesn't think we should spend too much time making the front entry super nice. But of course I do. So here is my inspiration:
 This blog is awesome. She gives step by step instructions on how to do these stripes, so I can't wait to try them out. Here is what my front entry looks like now:
My sister (check her out here!) suggested to do vertical stripes so it feels taller. But these are 9foot ceilings in this house, and if anything I want this space to feel wider. So I'm sticking with the horizontal stripes (sorry K!). I also had the thought of doing more subtle stripes like this:
As you can see, my entry is an off white, so I would probably do a darker shade of what it is now. I'm still not decided on one or the other. What do you think? I'm open to suggestions!

Come back to see how it turns out (after, of course, I get my butt in gear and actually do it)!

2 comments:

Tera said...

Love the subtle stripes... actually saw this the other day - could be fun too! :)

http://shabbynest.blogspot.com/2010/01/gift-wrapping-your-walls.html

Anonymous said...

you could try it out with some paper strips before you do the actual job :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...