Friday, February 17, 2012

Fantastic Find Fridays - 5 Minute Microwave Chocolate Cake

Yes, you did read that right. I've seen a whole lot of these recipes kicking around on Pinterest, but it never crossed my mind to make one. Until the other night, that is. I was trying to figure out if I should check Facebook one. more. time. or go to bed, and then this idea popped into my mind, for some reason. So I fore-went the Facebook plan and decided to give it a try. I used this recipe, and to be honest, it turned out...shall we say...somewhat interesting. I may have used too much oil, and I think next time I will try the butter instead. The first few bites were weird but it got to tasting pretty good! I think it would be excellent with a dollop (love that word) of ice/whip cream, and in honor of my sister, maybe a topping of chocolate chips and chocolate sauce.






It really did only take about 5 minutes to make, and made for a fantastic before-bed snack for me and CJ (case in point, he actually looked up from his Mayday episode (!) and said, "that's really good cake").
As much as this is a pretty fantastic find, I might have to do another fantastic find on a good weight loss program.


"Let them eat cake!" ~Marie-Antoinette

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I tried this one two weeks ago and it's amazing! I've even brought it to both sets of parents for dessert and it was a hit. Also, I'm pretty sure I repinned it from you haha!

http://thehiddenpantry.blogspot.com/2011/11/aunt-bettys-1-2-3-cake.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...