Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day Sangria

I don't know much anything about Valentine's Day, but I do know this: people spend a LOT of money on flowers and chocolates. I don't really get what the big deal is. Flowers die and chocolates make you fat.
I wanted to send some flowers to CJ at work today.

These, however, were a wee bit out of my price range (gasp $450 stutter choke). I couldn't believe anyone would ever spend this amount of money on roses! I mean, they're nice and all, but really? They'll die in 4 days!

Anyways, enough of my ramblings. I wanted to let you in on something I created a little while ago that I thought would be the perfect drink for Valentine's Day (mainly because of the colour, and the price compared to those flowers).
Introducing my Homemade Valentine's Day Sangria:
Recipe:
1/3 glass red wine of your choice
1/3 glass fruit juice
1/3 glass cranberry GingerAle

Add a fancy little heart-shaped garnish (strawberry?) and you have a lovely Valentine's Day Sangria! Enjoy!

-jes

1 comment:

Kristen said...

hm. that sounds really good.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...